Monday, March 28, 2011

It All Started with a Haircut...

(In mortgage lending and finance, a haircut refers to a discount taken from the par value of assets being used as collateral. For this story, its traditional meaning is used.)


Last August, the young lady cutting my hair and I were talking about weather, sports, life, etc. She told me she had moved here from Iowa to go to school. She and her parents missed each other and (unlike this clip) yada, yada, yada, wanted to be able to see more of each other. I told her that if they wanted to buy a home here, that I could refer a couple of REALTORS® who could help them find a home when the time was right.
Her mother called me the next day and we talked about how to get approved for a mortgage for a second home. Over the next 6 months and through difficult weather, they made various trips to Tulsa to see homes (and their daughter) with Cindy Roberts of Chinowth & Cohen Realtors


Right to Privacy laws and my responsibilty to my clients prevent me from more detail, so... yada, yada, yada... They closed today on a home here in Tulsa!


The moral of the story is you never know who will be put in front of you and what there needs are unless you are available and open. Your next opportunity may come from anywhere, even a haircut.
If you are thinking about buying a home in the Tulsa area (or anywhere in Oklahoma), call me. I can help with long and/or short range planning on how you can get the best loan for a home here


Tim Epps
Sr. Loan Officer
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp
918-528-4010
tim@myfairway.net

No comments: